Modern Salt Box House
- List Date:
You’re considering renting a modern saltbox house, perched on a hilly wooded property, overlooking pristine Columbia County Conservancy land. Meals cooked on the Viking stove or on the Weber taste better.
– 2 hours from NYC
– From the house: if you’re inclined toward outdoor sports, there is no shortage of great routes for running, road and off-road cycling, and of course long walks.
– Nearby destinations: swimming in Guilder Pond, Catamount, Hudson Valley Rail Trail, Lake Taghkanic State Park, kayaking in Copake Lake, swimming and fitness center at Taconic Hills School
– Short drive to Hudson (NY): antique shopping, restaurants, music at Helsinki, movie theaters, Time Space Limited, Amtrak, many chain stores
– Short drive to Great Barrington (MA): restaurants, Guido’s Fresh Market, Big Y, shopping, movies
– Easy drives to Berkshire destinations: Tanglewood, Jacob’s Pillow, Mass MOCA, the Norman Rockwell Museum, The Clark, Shakespeare and Co., the outlets in Lee
$2,000/month December thorugh February, $3,500/month March through April, $4,000/month Memorial Day to Labor